1.24.2009

Looking at Marvel covers for April '09

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I'm not a Marvel reader, but I can still enjoy the pretty pictures they put on the front of their books!

ASTONISHING TALES #3
Cover by Kenneth Rocafort
Marvel is getting as much into the girl butts as DC is for April. Interesting cover, even if I'm not sure what's up with Spider-Woman's Human Torch hands...

NEW AVENGERS: THE REUNION #2 (of 4)
Cover by Jo Chen
Annnnd.... Here we go again! Although, this one is drawn (painted) by a female artist, so it's harder to scream "sexist fanboys!" And she also gives us a very hot looking guy for the price of admission. Check out the way Ronin is holding his dagger and the placement... Oh my.

SUB-MARINER COMICS #1 70TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL
Cover by Mitch Breitweiser
Not only is the art (and Namor himself) hot on this cover; I love how it's true to it's golden-age origins: No nipples!!

WAR OF KINGS #2 (of 6)
Cover by Brandon Peterson
Brandon Peterson is just an awesome artist. I'm always awed by his work. Too bad Marvel only seems to use him on covers. But every one of them is so cool looking...

WAR OF KINGS: ASCENSION #1 (of 4)
Cover by Brandon Peterson
...even when it's a character that you just don't care about!

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS FINALS #3 (of 4)
Cover by Roger Cruz
Definitely an interesting color-highlighting choice there below the "X."

Hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see a character like Darkhawk actually getting used. The Meta-Humes can't be too far behind!

    ReplyDelete