5.25.2007

Wonder Woman 9. July 2007

I have to say that I absolutely love this cover!!! It's awesome. Definitely one of my all-time fave WW covers. (Hmm, maybe that'll be a subject I cover in my blog, heh)

This is Jodi Picoult's 4th of her 5-issue run...and the first one that actually feels like she has any idea of who Wonder Woman is. The first issue was pretty bad, with Diana as some sort of alien from another world ("What is money? What is a credit card? I have been in your world for 10 years, but am completely ignorant of anything pertaining to humans..."). This issue, WW feels like the DC Universe character I'm familiar with.

And Picoult even did an decent job with the other characters who appear. It truly felt like she knew who they were and what was going on in the DCU.

I'm not sure what's going on with Hippolyta, though. Why would she side with Circe and ignore Diana? When did the Amazons become such warmongers. I thought they were supposed to be about peace? And when was the monarchy of Themyscira re-established? I guess I missed that issue.

Gotta say: I love Terry & Rachel Dodson's art! They are fierce (was that too gay?)! Everyone they draw looks great from WW to Hippolyta to Superman to Black Canary.

I was pretty happy with this issue. It had flaws, but was probably one of the better issues since the book restarted.

And I LOVE that cover!

1 comment:

  1. Crap. Now I'm going to have to catch up on Wonder Woman. I haven't read anything after #4 yet. I've fallen way behind. After hearing the reviews of #5, I didn't see a reason to get right into it. And if I didn't read #5, I can't read #6. Or #7... you get the picture.

    ReplyDelete