4.08.2008

Project Superpowers: The Fighting Yank

Because I love Golden Age comics, the announcement of PROJECT SUPERPOWERS really excited me. And I started throwing up stories from the golden age that featured the characters that were appearing in PS.
But somehow I managed to completely ignore the one character who has basically been the star of the show so far: The Fighting Yank. He's the one that starts the whole thing. I don't know how I came to ignore him, but now I'm making it right.
Here is the first appearance and secret origin of The Fighting Yank! Straight from 1941's STARTLING COMICS #10!
Thrill to the adventure that leads Bruce Carter III into the startling life of a superhero!
Learn how Bruce Carter's ancestor met his gruesome fate!
See Bruce's fiancée Joan learn his secret identity in his first outing!!
It all starts now!!

STARTLING COMICS #10
(September 1941)
written by Richard Hughes; art by Jon Blummer

You can download STARTLING COMICS #10 (scanned from microfiche) and lots of other awesome golden-age goodness from Golden Age Comics Downloads!

2 comments:

  1. Is PROJECT SUPERPOWERS good? I picked up that 0 issue and didn't hate it. If it's good, I might just wait until the trade comes out. Tell me what you think so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. But then again, I love Green Arrow/Black Canary, which most people loathe. So I can't say.
    I enjoy it more than Marvel's The Twelve. Superpowers reads more like a superhero story than The Twelve.
    Plus, I love golden age heroes, so just about anything that deals with them I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete